CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

STILL GOING STRONG....

Cooper is staying strong and has had several visitors from Children's Mercy. Some of you may remember me talking about the wonderful nurse we had when Coop was born on the NICU; well we had told some of the nurses this time so they went and found her and reminded her of us and she came to visit. She was as sweet as before and I thanked her for being so great to us. I was really happy to see her and felt so good to thank her. Many of the nurses were here for a meeting tonight so one by one they have stopped in just to tell Coop congrats for making it off the ECMO machine. They are all so encouraging and they become a big part of your support group too. They are an amazing group of people. Coop's vitals are holding strong and once again he is trying to wake up. They want to keep him quiet tonight and not make him work too much so I told him to hang in there one more night. He is my son you know, sleep does not rank real high on the priority list for us nor does lying (sitting for me) in one place for 7 days straight. I just think he is getting bored and anxious too. Anyway, they are trying to keep him calm for now and are still trying to find a happy medium on his blood sugar level. It went from being 497 (much too high) to 59 (much too low). They will keep manipulating this and find something that works. So we are off to bed....well this recliner chair, hahaha! Keep the positive thoughts and prayers coming for tomorrow!!! Thank you all again!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Good going Little Cooper. I may not be there in body but am sure there in spirit. Thanks Kris for the continued updates, it sure helps me to deal with not being there by your side. I Love you all and can't wait to see you this week-end. I can't go anywhere without someone asking how our Grandson is and to tell me they have been praying for him. Hang in there and give the little man a kiss from Grandma

Nana Jan said...

Good morning! Sounds like Cooper is busy with visitor's. I know that must help you and Terry alot!! You have such great support from the staff at Childrens Mercy and from all of your friends out here. Once again we'll be thinking about Cooper and praying for his speedy recovery so he can get back home.
Hugs
Jan

miles3_17 said...

Great news again, see....we all new he'd come out fighting the ENTIRE way!! I can only imagine how "bored" he is and ready to get going again, just like his mommy!! Have another great day and we hope to talk to you soon.