CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 31, 2008

NOTHING NEW WITH COOPER...

Nothing new really happened with Cooper today. We are still trying to wean him off the ventilator. Slow does not even explain this process. He is making progress little by little and is "waking" up more and more but I have a feeling he will be working on this for a few more days.

My Mom came over to day so that I could leave and take Raelynn to her friend, Maliya's, birthday party. Raelynn had a great time and it was wonderful to hear her laughter. When I told her goodbye tonight I just wanted to cry. She is so perfect! She is handling the situation wonderfully, she loves her brother like no other and she brings a smile to everyone's face. Sometimes she is my strength. I always say that I am glad she was our first child but the truth is I think God gave her to us first to help us stay strong for Cooper. I keep talking to people here and others and they all say he has a plan for Cooper and I am sure he does, but he has a plan for us all and so far I found the strength that I have needed exactly where he planned for me too.

My Mom struck up a conversation with a family this evening in the waiting room. This was a Dad, Daniel Bayless, of a little boy Granton. Granton has Severe Combined Immunodeficiency (SCID). Basically his body won't produce the the part of your cells that fight off disease. From what I understand, the only cures are either a cord blood or bone marrow transplant. Daniel and Mom , Jenni, have actually been told at times that their son would not make it. Miracles happen, Granton is still here. I have added their blog address with the others. Please read their story and pray for them and remember not to take one single little breath for granted. Thank you Bayless's for sharing you story with me and my family.

1 comments:

Nana Jan said...

Good Sunday morning, we hope everything goes well for Cooper today. It sounds like he's still making continued progress even though it's slow right now. I just read up on Granton, we'll keep him and his family in our prayers as well as our little Cooper. Glad you were able to take Raeylnn to her friends birthday party, and spend some special time with her. Have a good day!
Jan