CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 30, 2008

WE ARE OFF NITRATE....

Before we get to the Cooper stuff I have to make sure you are all keeping up on the additional links I am adding to the blog. Considering I have nothing else to do but occupy my time on the computer, the blog is getting a lot of attention. Please watch the right side of the blog. I continue to add links that give you additional information about Cooper and his care. Most recently I added links to each of the doctors caring for Cooper. Obviously this is just the main doctors and there are numerous others involved from RN to therapists to social workers but this is a start. I do want to mention though that there is not a link to my favorite intensivast, Dr. Tieves. She is wonderful! They all are but we have just spent a lot of time with her. I told her that she needed to get on CMH because there was no link to her and she said with a smile, "I like to keep a low profile." However, it is important to mention her even though I cannot find a link to her because she is so amazing.

Ok, so enough of that. Cooper is holding up like a champ! They have weaned him off the nitrate machine and the ventilator is next. Hopefully that will happen tomorrow. He stumbled a little when they took him off the nitrate but he has recovered well. It did however slow things down slightly. He is taking his feeds well but his tummy is still very large. They have mentioned that they may give him a suppository, poor little guy!!!! He is sleeping soundly now but he did do some wakening today. His eyes halfway opened and he just looked at me like he wasn't even there. It was a little scary at first but as the day progressed I got used to it.

Late this afternoon Amy came over for another visit. It was great. I talked non stop for about 4 hours but Amy pretended that she enjoyed the visit, hahaha! Thanks Amy that is exactly what friends are suppose to do. :) Sherri, Karli and Raelynn came to visit after Amy. I hadn't seen Raelynn for almost 2 days. She asked me if I missed my sweetie! How cute is that. Mom is headed up here again this weekend but won't be to visit until morning. I am glad she will be here.

So while I was posting this they came in and did decide to give Coop a suppository, yuck! First I made sure that was something they were going to do and then after they assured me I did not have to be involved I asked if I could watch. So considering Cooper has a catheter, I have not seen him without his diaper for awhile. Well lets just say his tummy is not the only thing that is swollen. Holy Cow!!! Of course I checked to see that this was normal and again they assured me it was. I told them that looked a little scary and they just laughed. Hopefully things will continue to move along with Cooper. I can't wait to hold him!!!

2 comments:

Nana Jan said...

We are all very excited to hear that Cooper is doing so well!Was anxious to get back to the computer and check your blog. He's making alot of progress each day and will hopefully be home soon. Trip is going good and we enjoyed the train to the Grand Canyon. Give Cooper a kiss and tell him we all love him!
Jan

Tatum Eck said...

Kristi...We are all so excited to hear things are going so well!! Donovan continues to ask about Raelynn and Cooper and I can't wait for them to all get together and play!! I hope to get to see you all soon. I will try to make it your way maybe next Wednesday if that is okay?!:o) Give Coop a squeeze for us and I will see you very soon!!

Tatum