CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 17, 2008

RAELYNN IS GONE!!!!

It has been 1 hour and 37 minutes since Raelynn left with Sherri to go back to Scott City to spend the week with Grandma. I miss her so much already!!! People always assume the reason not to have kids is because they take away your freedom, or the expense, or so many other reasons but I am telling you.....this is the reason.....having to let them go sometimes. I know this is best for Raelynn and for us because next week will be a very long and hard week with Cooper's surgery but I cannot even begin to describe how sad I feel. I have only let Raelynn spend the night with Sherri twice before this week and that was for one little night, I have no idea how I am going to make it until Friday!!! I sent a letter with a little surprise inside for Raelynn for every morning she is gone so she is reminded how much I love and miss her. (Thanks for the idea Jill) I think she will really like it. She helped me pack last night and this morning we snuggles and played before she left. She was very excited for her trip and that helped. I hope she does not get home sick. I just want her to have a great time!!!

So Thursday they told us we could finally go home for a few days, but after waiting all day at around 5:15 pm we found out because of an insurance technicality and miscommunication amongst their staff we could not leave. We had to be taught by a pharmacist how to give Cooper his injections even though I had already given them to him 3 times. The insurance would not pay for the injections unless I was taught by the pharmacists. So there we were stuck until Friday. The hospital staff was very apologetic and of course Terry and I were very disappointed but there was nothing that could be done and #%$! happens. Friday they were there by 8:30 am to teach us and then we had to wait until about 10 am for the medicine to actually get there. Finally we were ready to leave with oxygen, SAT monitor and injections in hand. I stopped by Sherri's and picked up Raelynn. It was sooooo great to all be home together again. We had a busy but good night. Cooper has injections of Lovenox at 4pm and 4am every day. This is a blood thinner that only stays in his system approximately 12 hours so we can take him off of it Sunday night and he will be ready for his surgery Tuesday. He also has an oxygen tank and a SAT monitor so we can make sure his O2 level stays up. So far everything has went fine. I have several things to do today and tomorrow to get ready for another long stay at the hospital. We take him in Monday morning for pre op and then we will be back in first thing Tuesday morning for his major reconstructive surgery. We all have high hopes that they will be able to do everything that is needed. However, if they get in there and find that he is still too small then they will just replace the shunt and we will be right back here doing all of this again in about 6 months. The surgery is very complicated and will last up to 5 hours. His recovery can take anywhere from 7 to 30 days. It is all very scary but Cooper is a tough little man and I know will do just fine. However I appreciate all the prayers we can get too.

Congratulations Steph!!! I hope you have a fantastic day and again I am so very sorry I am not there! Not being there is so hard for me! I love you very very much and am so proud of who you are! I cannot tell you enough how much I love you and know you will continue to be an amazing sister I truly admire. You have grown up to be such a beautiful person both inside and out!!! I love you and congratulations again!!!

By the way, for all you who didn't like my last blog layout I have changed it to Pooh for Raelynn why she is gone. I will change it to something boring and easy to read when she gets back :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristi,
Sending prayers and hugs from Wisconsin. Jill has been keeping us posted. Have been reading your blog....Cooper is surrounded by love and guardian angels. We will continue to pray for his health and for your strength.

Jim and Mary Sabo (Jill's parents)