CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 5, 2008

CLOSER T0 SURGERY TIME

We found out today that Cooper's next procedure will be this Thursday. This will be his cardiac catheter where they will go in with a small little camera and look at his heart from the inside. After this they will give us a better idea when his next open heart surgery will be. This will be an overnight procedure but is suppose to be a very simple and routine procedure. I know this is what we have been preparing for but it always seems scarier and more difficult than I had thought. Cooper's color has not been the best in the past week or so and it is a constant reminder of what is coming. Anyway, I know he will be fine and this is just the next step in repairing his heart. Sunday in church our pastor said something that made me rethink our situation. I have often thought why we had been given this challenge but I don't think we were given "a challenge". I think we were given Cooper and Cooper was given us because we needed each other. God knew we had the love and ability to take good care of him and he also knew we needed his unbelievable smile to complete our family. To watch he and Raelynn together is just so wonderful! They truly could entertain us for hours. I just think things have really been put into perspective for me. I want to work harder at everything I do just so I can give both Cooper and Raelynn a Mommy they can be so proud of. So everyday when I wake up and I am tired and I would rather just lay in bed I remind myself that I have so much to accomplish for them and it really helps me to start my day with a smile!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be sending good thoughts Cooper's way on Thursday. I can't wait to see all of you again the next time I am in town.

Cassie