CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 1, 2008

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS......




There has been so much crazy stuff happen in the last week I do not even know where to begin. Let's see....ok, last Friday night my Mom, Steph and Karli headed down to see us after the girls finished their softball games. They were coming down to participate in the March for Babies and see Cassidy and Chandler's church program. So they were rolling into town around 3am on Saturday morning. As they were approaching the round-a-bout at our street the pickup in front of them ran smack onto the round-a-bout. They stopped and asked the driver if he was ok. Steph thought he was drunk because he could hardly walk or talk. They made sure the guy was not seriously hurt and then continued up our street. They got to our house and all rushed in to call 911 about this accident. The called 911 and filled Terry and I in. They were inside maybe 5 to 6 minutes. Mom headed back out to unload the Tahoe and the Tahoe was gone. Yes I said gone. I grabbed the phone once again and called 911. We spent the next few hours giving the police all the information we had. Now having your vehicle stolen sucks, but the amount of things they had in the Tahoe were more valuable than the Tahoe itself. The girls had packed quickly so they had packed more things then they possible could need. They had borrowed a laptop so Steph could work on her papers. They had brought down a half of a cow for Tom and Jan. Mom had borrowed a foot detoxing machine from a lady for Sherri and I to try. The list goes on and on. Not to mention the Basketball and T-shirt Karli had gotten signed by the KU Championship Team Seniors. She was crushed!!!! It really was unbelievable. I had to be at the park to help set up for the March for Babies Walk at 5:30am so Karli and I left and headed there. Saturday was really a blur because we had so much going on. After the walk we went to Chandler's soccer game and then Cassidy and Chandler's dinner theater performance which was really good. But by the time the day was over, Mom and the girls were exhausted as they had been up for over 36 hours straight. Sunday we headed out just to get them the basics; toothbrushes, underwear, makeup, hair stuff, etc. You would be amazed how much money you can spend on just that. Thank goodness they have good insurance, hahaha! Joking aside though I was happy that I could help them a little through all of this. It is not everyday you get to really help your parents and this time I think I was able to do that. Monday morning they rented a car and finally headed home. Once they got home they spent the rest of this week trying to close bank accounts, open new accounts, fill out insurance paperwork, get driver's licenses, and who knows what else. It is truly amazing the amount of chaos this has caused. Although we do not know much about the police investigation we do know that there were more than just one person involved, the pickup that was wrecked on the round-a-bout was also stolen and we are all just very happy that no one was hurt. Their are a million scenarios that could have ended much worse.





So we are finally getting things back to normal.....sort of. This morning I headed to take Cooper in for a simple weight check. We are starting to adjust his feedings and so it is critical that we monitor his weight gain. His weight looked great. He is up to 11lbs 7oz. After the doctor and I visited about the adjustments we are making to his feedings I let them know that we are starting to see his hands and feet turn purple on occasion. We had discussed this with them previously but it did not seem to be a big issue however it is beginning to happen more often and for longer periods of time. So they decide to take his SATS. Remember this number is not do drop below 80. Well it was 60. With this and the color change they were on the phone to our cardiologist. I was a little nervous because we know we are approaching the time for our next surgery but I always keep hoping that we will postpone it until Coop gets much bigger. So they sent me back to work and said they would call after talking to the cardiologist. Dr Kelley did feel we would probably be looking a surgery sometime in the near future. So I am a little disappointed and upset but it is what it is. I get back to work and not long after getting there I get a call from Dr. Kelley and our cardiologist wants to see us just as soon as we can get things together and get over there. Now I am a little worried because we had a scheduled appointment for next Wednesday and Dr. Kelley had thought they would be ok with waiting until then so I felt like this was bad news. I had a 10am appointment with a client so after I had finished that I called Terry to see if he was about ready. He was going to be another 45 minutes or so. I was a little anxious but sat down to finish up a few more things since I would be waiting for him anyway. My cell phone rings and it is Lisa. Her voice sounded concerned so I immediately asked what was wrong assuming something was going on with Cooper. Instead she tells me Raelynn has cut her head open running into the corner of the wall. She didn't know if it would need stitches or not. I was on my way. I got to Lisa's and Raelynn was laying on the couch with Lisa next to her holding a cold towel on her head. She moved the towel and WOW! Yep she split it open good. I called my good friends at the pediatrics office. Dr. Kelley's nurse, Jill, who I think is an angel answers my call because I insist to the receptionist that I can talk to no one else. I tell her what is going on and she could do nothing but laugh. She tells me to bring Raelynn in and she would call the cardiologist and let them know we had been delayed......ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!! I rush her to Dr. Kelley's and they get us right in. We of course by this time we are on first name basis with them and feel like it is our home away from home. Jill takes one look at it and says yep we're going to need stitches. Raelynn was so strong. As she watched them get the instruments out she got a little nervous and the actual suturing was a little scary but she was amazing! Of course, she always is!!! So 4 stitches later Raelynn is patched up and we again direct our focus on Cooper. Now we decide to run Raelynn over to Sherri's since we were not sure how long we would be at the cardiologist's and she is on the way. As always Sherri is the perfect sister and drops everything to help us out. I sometimes have no idea what I would do without her. We get to the cardiologist and they do some testing and we see the Chief of the Children's Cardiac Center who originally diagnosed Cooper when I was still pregnant. He remembered us and it was pretty neat to see him again. He did the second Echo on Cooper himself and got a really good look at his shunt. They concluded that Coop's heart still looks good but some of his stats, i.e. blood pressure and SATS Level, are dropping therefore letting us know surgery time is approaching. They are to call me tomorrow to schedule his Cardiac Catheter which is just a procedure in which they go into his body and run a camera around his heart to get a really good look at what is going on. This will be an overnight procedure but is nothing risky at all. After that they will have a better idea about the time frame for the next open heart surgery.





Finally we are back home, kids are fed and bathed and in bed and I can take a deep breathe. It is amazing how calm and cool a parent can play it in front of the kids while inside we hurt worse than they do. I love Raelynn and Cooper so much sometimes it scares me. They are two of the most amazing people I know. It is days like today with all the scares that I am reminded how much to cherish our everyday, boring, repetitious schedules. I would take that any day over a day of fear like today.





As always I cannot thank our families, Lisa, Tom, Jill and all our friends for being so caring and understanding! You are all the best and we are unbelievably thankful to have you in our lives!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture of Raelynn with her lip out is classic. Love it!
Cassie