CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

ENTERING HOUR 4....

Well Cooper has been on bypass for awhile now, he went on it shortly after my last post. The nurse was just out and said they are finished removing scar tissue and are now cooling him to begin the reconstruction. (Now I am giving all details here and hope I do not freak anyone out.) They are literally dropping the temperature in the room to very low temperatures in order to drop Coop's body temp. This slows the body's function which is necessary to do the procedure. Machines are literally keeping him alive right now.....I know I am crying too. Anyway, the good news is they are continuing with the reconstruction. Cooper does not appear to be too small to do the reconstruction so they are moving forward. This is great news and the nurse says he is doing just fine!

Thanks for all the comments and texts. I really appreciate them all. It gives us something to do to read them and makes us feel like you are all right here with us!

3 comments:

The Wiley Clan said...

We're thinking of you guys and keeping you all in our prayers! So thrilled to hear that they're able to do the full reconstruction today! It will all be over with soon and Cooper will soon be up and climbing out of everything again before you know it! :)

All our love,
Isaac, Jana and Emma

Anonymous said...

Love you guys and am keeping a prayer vigil going here at work. So appreciate the updates. Phillipians 4:6,7 Be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. (My verse I keep next to my computer.)

BJKern

Nana Jan said...

I'm so glad to hear the surgery is going good and they're able to do the reconstruction today ! I'll keep my prayers going for my little buddie, I love him so much!!!! You guys hang in there and surgery will be over soon!
Hugs to you both.
Jan