CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS.....

So today's the day for Coop's surgery. I got up this morning and went running....last time I would be able to do that for awhile. It felt great. I got home and things were going very smoothly and we were right on schedule to leave the house at 8am to be there by 9am. Then the phone rang.....our surgeon is sick! What! Yep the surgeon was sick so no surgery for Cooper today. I have been so stressed about this and now one more day to worry. They are to call this afternoon to let us know what the plan is now. They said they know Cooper needs to get in right away so they will keep us informed. Well that's real reassuring! Anyway, as I have said before, nothing we can do and #$!@ happens! I wouldn't want him operating on him when he sick and I certainly don't want another surgeon because I think ours is incredible.

So let's back up a little. The weekend was so quiet and lonesome without Raelynn. I got so much done but I kept thinking I should be going to the park or reading stories or playing with bubbles but yet there was no one there to play with. Cooper didn't help either. He just sat wherever I put him and smiled and laughed at me. I kept thinking if he would be difficult then maybe I would be happy I only had one to worry about but nope, he was a little angel. Saturday Steph was so sweet to me, she called often throughout the day to give me updates on the events of her graduation and we sent pictures back and forth on our phones. It really helped a lot and she seemed to have a great day! Raelynn is having so much fun. We talk to her every day and I miss her more with each passing day. Again Steph and Karli have been great about sending me pictures of her. I cannot wait to see her!!! Sunday I was hanging up some of her clothes and I just started to cry. Can you imagine if kids knew what affect they had on their parents. The world would be a disaster! We made it through the weekend and Monday morning we headed to do the pre op stuff with Cooper. It went really well. We met with the surgeon, nurses, anesthesiologist, social worker and who knows who else but the were all fantastic. Coop had EKG, chest x-rays, lab work, etc. He did really well. Meeting with the surgeon was the best part. I felt much better after talking with him. He explained in great detail and in terms we could understand exactly what they would be doing during the procedure. For the first time I really understand everything. He was also very confident that they would be able to do what they needed to do. He also thought they may be able to close his chest right away instead of having to leave it open for a few days to compensate for the swelling. Anyway, everything was very reassuring and I felt very good when we left. When we got back Coop went to Lisa's and I got to go to work. It felt good to be "normal" again. Last night Tom and Jan came to visit little Coop and then Terry, Cooper and I hung out with the neighbors for a little while enjoying the weather. It all felt so good! Ornery Coop crawled out of his Bumbo last night too. He is all over the place these days. He crawled out of his swing a few days ago and now the Bumbo so I guess the days of putting him in one place and he still being there when you return is over. I love it, he is growing up and is just so darn cute. Well I guess that is it for now and I will keep you all updated as to the new time for his surgery! :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again, I'm so thankful you were encouraged to start this blog. It's so helpful knowing what's going on without having to bother you. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and please, please let us know if there's anything we can do for you.