CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 25, 2008

HOUR 91............

Today I am more nervous than I have been for a few days. We will start trying to take Coop off the machines tomorrow. My stomach is in knots. It is the way I felt before my 1/2 marathon or the way I use to feel before a big game. You want to do so well and have prepared and rested but only time will tell how things turn out. Coop has been giving us many encouraging actions though. He has been trying to take breathes on his own and there are pulsations from his heart. They had to double his sleepy meds though because he just would not stay asleep. Even after doubling the meds he still wakes up from time to time. This morning, Michelle, Coop's nurse was washing his hair and he got all fired up. He started moving like crazy so I stepped up to hold his hand. I leaned down to kiss him and whisper shhhhh to him and he opened his eyes. I about had a heart attack but it was like he knew we were there. He also has started coughing from time to time trying to get some of the mucus out of his throat. The sad thing is his face gets extremely red and you can tell he is crying inside. It is sad but yet reassuring to know he is still very much alive in there.

Yesterday went well. Tom and Jan were over to visit a little before noon. It was great to see them and for them to see Cooper. Jan and Janna have being going to church and lighting a candle and praying for Cooper. I love that! It means so much to have so many people praying for him. We had a nice visit with them and then Mom, the girls and Raelynn came over. They brought me taco salad which I was very excited about. I am about sick of the food here. We always eat breakfast but after that I don't care if I eat or not. However the idea of fresh yummy homemade taco salad made me very hungry! Raelynn is crazy ornery. I think Mom is a bad influence. I found out that my daughter has been having ice cream even before lunch, candy more than occasionally for snack, hot dogs whenever she asks for them, and who knows what else. I told Terry it is going to take us a month to whip her back into shape. Even with that though she is still so cute and funny. Before she left she was telling Grandma she could not have any more junk to eat so maybe it will get a little better. Mom and Steph head back to Scott City today and Karli is staying behind to help with Raelynn. I am so thankful for them. It helps so much having them here. Terry plans to go to Lawrence today to take care of a few things at the store and then mow the yard. Sherri, Karli and Raelynn will come for another visit today before things get going tomorrow. As Dr. Allen (the attending MD on the PICU) explained to us, this is like a plane ride. The take off and landing are the rough patches, the in between is a smooth ride. The surgery was our take off and tomorrow we will begin out descend and we can only pray, hope, wish, beg and dream of a smooth landing.

3 comments:

Huber Family said...

Happy to hear of so many positive signs out of little Cooper! What a little tough guy = ) We'll be thinking of you tomorrow and sending our best.

Jen, Corey, Riley & Gage

Anonymous said...

That is encouraging news.You can count on our thoughts and prayers tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Been thinking of you so much the last few days. It's good to see Cooper fighting so hard to see you. I know today will be long. We will be thinking of you and praying for you all.
John & Vicky