CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

BETTER DAY......

Today started out a little rough but ended well. Cooper slept really well last night only waking for about 45 min around 3 am. We got up and got everyone ready and was out the door by 8:30 am. I dropped the kids off at Lisa's for a trial run. Things were going relatively well until I starting running my errands. First, I was loading some stuff in my car and opened the back in the garage. Not smart. The back hatch hit the garage door and made a nice array of scratches. Then I headed to Walgreen's to pick up some pictures I had ordered online and found out I sent them to the wrong Walgreen's. They were at the Walgreen's clear across town. So I headed there and because of road construction got all messed up and while I was texting Tom apparently ran a stop sign. Luckily no one was coming from the other direction so no big deal except for the police officer who saw me do it. I stopped immediately when I saw his lights but I guess he wanted me to pull around the corner. I did not know what he wanted as he kept waving at me so he got on his intercom and said "Move your car around the corner". I thought I was going to die! I had my license and insurance ready when he approached, remember I still have no idea why I am being stopped. He told me I ran a stop sign and I just said I wasn't surprised. I thought about spilling my guts about how stressed out I was and the fact that I was texting and never saw the stop sign but instead I just apologized and told him I was very sorry with tears in my eyes. He understood and let me off with a warning. After that things improved. I got a thousand things done and picked Cooper up for his appointment with Dr. Kelley. Dr. Kelley spent a great amount of time reassuring us that things were going quite well with Cooper. Cooper is up to a whopping 13lbs and 25" long! He said that Cooper's throwing up was not too much and made it clear as to why we are feeding him so much. He clarified many other factors for us as well. He also let me know some of the medicines I could put right in Cooper's milk which is helping out greatly. Both he and Jill, Dr. Kelley's nurse, are amazing people. They give us reasons as to why we are doing some of this stuff which I always want to know and make us feel as though we are doing just as we should.

This was also Lisa's first day with the kids and I think it went relatively well. Just as it has taken me a couple days to get all of the feeding and medication schedule down, Lisa said it would take her a couple days as well. We are so thankful for her! Raelynn had a great time playing with the boys again and I think she was happy for things to be back to "normal" again.

Vicky stopped by after we got back home for a short visit and to pick up a few things for the garage sale. I had mentioned previously about the garage sale that was being held to raise money for Cooper. It is being held at Jimmy and Velda Dick's from 7 am to 3 pm this Saturday the 21st. I am not posting an address just for security purposes but please let me know if you need one. There are several of our friends who have gotten together to have this garage sale and I will never be able to thank them enough. Again, I think this is so thoughtful and hope you each know how much it means to us. We will of course be by to thank you each in person.

Kelly also stopped by and it was great to see her as well. Kaden is sooooo cute he brings smiles to your face as soon as you see him. So with the good visit from Dr. Kelley and our afternoon visitors, I feel pretty good tonight. Tomorrow I am headed back to work for my first day back. I am so fortunate to have such a patient boss but think it is about time we try to return to some sort of normalcy for us all. It will be very hard to leave Cooper but I know he is in good hands and I will visit him over my lunch hour. Life must go on so I am taking a deep breath and taking the next step.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good girl! Sounds like you're (at least trying) breathing again!! ha! ha! The tears for the officer was a nice touch--but it was your karma that got you a warning instead of a ticket!! I'm sure things will get easier & easier each day. Much love to all, Cathy