CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 6, 2008

THINGS STILL LOOKING BRIGHT....

Today is going well. Cooper is keeping his vitals up and his SAT level is actually higher than it was on the ventilator. They have completely removed the drips for his sleepy and pain meds and have cut the others in half yet again and only giving them every 8 hours. They are also starting to switch the heart meds over to those that we will go home with. The oxygen in his nose has been removed. He still has the feeding tube but I was able to feed him by bottle for the first time around noon. He did great. He is just recovering by leaps and bounds. We expect to go to the floor this weekend sometime and they have began small steps towards that move. Everyone seems to be very pleased with his progress. I am thrilled!!!

Sherri is coming over this afternoon to be with Cooper while I spend some time with Raelynn. I have not seen her for 3 days and starting to go through some withdraw myself. Sherri will stay here until Terry comes after work and then he will spend the night with Cooper and guess what? I get to spend the evening in my own bed with my daughter. I can hardly wait. It has been 16 days since I have slept in a bed let alone my own. I am very excited. We plan to do laundry and repack our bags, act silly and make pizzas. It is sure to be a wonderful night. Dad got to hold Coop before leaving for work!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys look absolutely ecstatic! He looks wonderful. I am so happy you get to come home for a night. If you need anything please call. We will be around all weekend.

Much Love,

Lisa

Nana Jan said...

Oh Kristi it's so wonderful to see both you and Terry holding Cooper again. I'm so excitd to hear that everything is going well for him today. We'll be out of town this weekend so I'll have to text you for an update. I can't go a day without knowing what he's achieved.
You girls have a blast tonight!!!!
Hugs
Jan

The Wiley Clan said...

I am SO thrilled for you guys! Cooper looks fantastic! In the pic of you holding him, he looks like he's grown so much! Wonderful news about being moved out of the PICU soon--another victory for our little Champ! :)

Have a great evening with Raelynn tonight--sounds like fun! Don't forget what you told me yesterday--the housecleaning can wait--play, laugh, hug, kiss and if you feel really wild perhaps you'll even make a mess or two! ;) Have fun!!

All our love,
Jana, Isaac & Emma

miles3_17 said...

You and Coop and Terry look AWESOME and soooo Happy, and I am SOOO happy for you all. I'm so Excited he is doing SO great. I cant wait for you to go home either and sleep in your own bed, and be with Raelynn, probably not as excited as you are, but I'm pumped you get to do that. I'm sure Terry is excited to spend the night w/ Cooper too. Congrats again on everything. Keep in touch w/ me when you can.

Anonymous said...

So Very Happy with the progress. Hope you have a great night. Give Raelynn a hug and will see you the 13th. Our little man looks great and I know he will continue to improve. Everyone around Park Lane is very excited but assure me the prayers will not stop. Prayers of Thanksgiving and continued strenght.
Love you all,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Your pictures bring tears to my eyes--they say MORE than a thousand words!! Have a wonderful "girls night" --I'm sure the boys will be well taken care of. ha! ha! Can't wait to see all of you. Love, Cathy

Anonymous said...

What an awesome sight.So very happy for all of you. The pictures are a nice addition. You have a great evening with your daughter and we send our love to all.

Aunt Linda

Anonymous said...

I am SOOO happy for all of you! It is so wonderful to see him and the pictures of you holding him are great! Enjoy your "girls" night! We can't wait till you are all home so we can play outside:)
Brianne, Casey and Cayman