CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

STILL ON TRACK....

Here are today's highlights:

1. Reba was on Oprah. I love Reba. She has this silly sitcom on every night and Raelynn and I think it is hilarious. I am sure Coop will like it too and whether Terry admits it or not, it cracks him up too.

2. I found a website called www.exboyfriendjewelry.com. You have to check it out. It is so funny. It is a website where you can post jewelry to sell that you received from ex's. The funny part is that the story behind the jewelry is attached to each posting. I tell you it entertained quite a few nurses and respiratory therapists. We were laughing so hard we drew more attention to the room and eventually woke my sedated son!!!

Well really those were the highlights of the day. Which after the past couple days I was happy to have an uneventful one. Coop is doing fabulous coming off the vent. His stats are staying strong and oxygen level is doing great. They have taken him off the the IV food and he is receiving all formula now. This is great. He is staying very comfortable and has not been given any extra meds other than those scheduled. So right now we are still right on track for tomorrow. Everyone has been by and said he looks great. Our cardiologist, Dr. Kaine, had been gone for a few days so came by today. He said he was disappointed to hear about the hole in the patch but we would work through it and just keep watching Cooper. He said would remain very close friends, hahaha! He also laughed at the fact that this hole actually has helped with the pressures in his heart and actually has aided in his current recovery just would be an issue as time goes on. He was happy with how Cooper was doing though after everything he had been through.

Tomorrow is set up to be a very busy day and I am pretty excited about that. I like busy days! They will take Coop off the vent, remove his staples and the last dressing. Jan and Jana are planning to visit late morning and Nan and Aunt Bonnie mid afternoon. We love visitors so we are pretty excited about that.

Please continue your prayers, they make all the difference. We so appreciate each and every one.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that today was a great day! We are all still praying for our little coop.

I certainly like to hear that you are in better spirits. I know it has been tough on all of you.

Love you!

Lisa

Nana Jan said...

You sound so up beat and like our old Kristi again!!!! Great news on Cooper's day. We're looking forward to our visit tomorrow!
Have a good night and please be careful running, I worry about you running in Lawrence so please be safe in KC.
Hugs.
Jan

The Wiley Clan said...

I'm so glad to hear that you had a great day! :) That Web site sounds hilarious--you truly can find anything on the Internet, eh?!

We're really looking forward to seeing you and Cooper tomorrow!

Have a good night!
Jana

miles3_17 said...

Sounds like a great day of news all around. Cant wait to see you guys sometime. Take care, hang in there and keep being optimistic about everything, it'll all work out!! Love ya'll tons.

Anonymous said...

It was great to read all the good news tonight when I finally got back on the computer. It sounds like you will all be home before you know it. Have an even better day tomorrow and hope to see you soon.
Vicky

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear all the good news!! We will continue to pray for you all!
The Cooks

Savannah said...

I'm so glad to hear that Coop is doing well!

As I was reading the blog I laughed out loud, and Jenny asked me what I was doing.

I have an engagement ring and a wedding band to put on there!

Hope to see you around the "parking lot" soon!

Savannah (The Young'n at Harry's Office! :))