CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 13, 2008

THINGS STILL GOING PRETTY WELL....

What a busy day! Things are finally settling down and I am finding time to update everyone. Cooper is still doing well. He is having some trouble keeping his food down though. We are thinking they are over feeding him so have backed them down and will see what happens. Other than that he is fine. I completed the training that I need to go home. We will be going home with the feeding tube and pump and 8 medications. They are printing out a time line so I will know time and dosages on the meds, thank goodness! They are not requiring Cooper to have an MRI before we leave the hospital. We will schedule that in a few months. So as far as I am concerned we are ready to get outta here!

We also had visitors today. Dean Pearce, an football official on the same crew as Terry, stopped by. I have only met Dean a time or two but what a genuinely nice guy. We visited for awhile and I was very happy he stopped by. I know it meant a lot to Terry too. This evening Tim and Amy came by and then Don and Cathy. Don and Cathy got the pleasure of learning how to work Cooper's feeding pump right along with me. Little Cooper was quite taken with Don and they entertained each other for some time. It was wonderful to see everyone and they made my night go by very quickly. I had dreaded the evening because I knew Terry would not be here until late but with friends around it turned out to be a fun night. Terry also had a great time. He played in the Bill Self Golf Tournament this afternoon and got to be on Coach Self's team. He loves this tournament and always has a great time. They placed 2nd so he got lots of goodies as well. He plays in the tournament and I get the goodies!!!!

We have had friends offer some very nice fundraisers for Cooper. We cannot thank you enough. As I have said before, I am trying not to dwell on the financial aspect of all this but I do know as we head home reality will set in. We are currently aware that there are some things that our insurance is not covering and therefore know there will be substantial bills. For you all to have been so supportive and loving through this has helped us tremendously and the fact that you are already thinking how you can help us in the next stage is so touching to us both. I truly do not know how we will every express our gratitude. As details of the fundraisers are established I will post the information and again, as sincerely as I can possible say it....thank you! You all are amazing! Terry, Raelynn, Cooper and I are so very lucky to have each and everyone of you in our lives!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
It was wonderful seeing you, Cooper & Terry last night. Cooper looks amazing. His color was great and he's starting to "beef up", ha! ha! So glad the "visit" at Children's Mercy is almost over. Love to all, Cathy & Don P.S. We thought you looked amazing, also. (Even covered with pee & spit up, hee! hee!)

Nana Jan said...

We're glad things are still going well for Cooper and he looks so great! Everyone is still thinking of you guys and how to continue to help out with things once you get home. Have a good day!
hugs
jan

The Wiley Clan said...

We're so happy to hear that things are going so well and you're SO close to going home--yippee!!!! I know it can't come soon enough for you guys!

We're all here for you guys to help and support in any way we can! Everything WILL work out! As I know you know, your family is so blessed and you've all made it through so much together over this past month--you know what they say, it's the most difficult time in life that make us stronger! You guys are ready and prepped for a marathon! ;)

We can't wait to welcome you back to Lawrence!

All our love,
Jana, Isaac and Emma