CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

EVERYONE IS HOME TOGETHER.....

Last night went as well as could be expected. I think Terry and I went to bed around 12:30 or 1 am and I was up at 2,3,4 and then finally got up for good at 5:30 am. I don't know if Cooper actually woke up that much or I was just that paranoid about not being able to hear him if he did wake. I spent some more time this morning trying to organize Coop's feedings and medications. It is nicely organized but still chaotic. Dr. Kelley, our pediatrician, called today. I think I could have hugged him through the phone when I heard his voice. He had read the blog and knew I was a little overwhelmed. He assured me things were fine and gave me a few pieces of information to help me figure out what to do when Cooper does throw up his meds and asked me to try to figure out when Coop does most often get sick. I will see him on Tuesday and I am sure will feel much more at ease after that. Cooper is doing great though. He was awake much more today and he is getting control of his neck back. I am really amazed how I see progress being made daily.

The best part of the day was Raelynn getting home. She did not get here until around 4:15 pm. She ran in the house yelling Mommy and when she finally found me (I hid from her :) ) She squeezed me so tight and had the biggest smile on her face. As soon as she had told me hi she was asking where Cooper was and gave him hugs and kisses too. Then she was on to Dad. She was just so wound up!!! We headed over to Tom and Jan's after that. Taylor and Kaci are in town and it was really great to see them again. Of course our stay was short because we had to get back home for the 6pm feeding and 7pm meds. Tonight when I read Raelynn her bedtime story she kept interrupting to tell me she loved me, or she missed me, or if we were going to be there to wake her up. It was so sweet and I couldn't help but snuggle extra long tonight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so very happy your family is together once again. Things will only get better!! Hugs, Cathy P.S. Don't forget to breathe!!!

miles3_17 said...

YEAH you are HOME!!! I am sooo excited for you all. I know you are in for a lot of work, but at least you are home and can be a little more comfortable, and you are closer to me now. Hope to see you soon!

Nana Jan said...

Good morning, hope your night went well. I imagine Raelynn was thrilled to have you snuggle with her again at bedtime. It's great that you're all finally home together again. Call if you need ANYTHING! Remember everything will become easier, especially after you see Dr. Kelley, he's so wonderful!!

Huber Family said...

So glad you are finally home with both of your babies = ) That is a blessing!!! I know it's a little chaotic and stressful right now, but it will only get better from here. If you need anything at all, just give us a holler!
Jenny