CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

OH MY GOSH!!!!

I have so much to say but not much time to say it. First I want to let you all know the wireless connection at the hospital is down and therefore I am unable to use the laptop and that is why you saw no updates today, or I guess yesterday since it is 12:15 am now. Anyway, I am working on getting and internet card so hopefully that will fix the problem. Let's see....my night with Raelynn was fabulous. We made pizzas, huge pizzas and that was a lot of fun. The best part for me was when she woke up this morning and hollered for "Mommy" and when I walked in her room she had the biggest grin on her face ever. She said she would scooch over so I could lay beside her for a little bit. I tell 'ya that girl is so darn cute and knows just how to make me fall deeper in love with her second by second. Anyway, I could go on and on about our night but I have so much more to update you on.

Sherri and Cooper got along just fine Friday afternoon and he was even up playing with toys. Daddy and Cooper did great last night as well. The nurses got some great pics of Daddy and Coop sound asleep together in the chair. I will post them as soon as I get Internet access again. Anyway, so this morning they made some pretty big changes with Coop. They removed all his drips and started adjusting his heart meds as well. He also had this patch on that was a form of pain medication and they removed that too. He is still getting a couple pain/sleepy meds but at lower dosages. Well I guess Cooper finally realized all his pain meds were gone because around 3:00pm all hell broke loose. He was crying terribly and remember he still does not have a voice. However, even without hearing his cries, it was horrible. They finally gave him a little morphine to calm him down. He also basically stopped eating. It seems his little throat hurts so bad he just didn't want swallow. Valerie, our nurse and also our nurse last time we were here, was great. She reminded me the important thing right now was that Coop ate and if he had to get it through a feeding tube so be it. She assured me that he would not forget how to eat it would just take time for his throat to heal. Then about 6pm I headed down to eat and WHAM! on came a migraine. I took my medicine so I survived it but there for a couple hours I felt pretty gross. Then about 8pm Cooper started gagging and throwing up something awful. We have a newer nurse who had just completed orientation. She is super sweet but new. Cooper threw up all over everything including his central line IV so it had to be changed. Well that just didn't go so well. Unfortunately that was the first our nurse had done it and before it was all over I was giving the orders. Now they call me Nurse Kristi, hahaha! Well anyway, I know everyone has to learn but it was a very scary thing. The Charge Nurse however is Sara, this absolutely amazing and hilarius nurse who I love. She was there the whole time and did a wonderful job of controlling the situation. I really admire her. After 3 attempts by our nurse Sara ended up having to do it. So basically Cooper has had a very rough day and heading to the 4th floor tomorrow does not look too promising. We knew getting him off all his pain meds was going to be a trick but WOW I had no idea. The funny thing is I am not as disappointed as I thought I would be. I am ok with it. He needs to be strong and I know each day he will grow stronger. We'll make it to the floor.....someday.

I will do my best to make a post tomorrow/today to let you know how things turn out. Oh, and also with all the chaos Terry actually remembered our anniversary and came back to the hospital tonight with a card and rainbow twizzlers. How appropriate wouldn't you think? So thank Terry and I love you very much!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you had a wonderful "girls party" and can't wait to see the pics of your boys. Would love to see you--let me know when you're up for visitors. Love, Cathy

Anonymous said...

What an anniversary. All does seem OK after all you guys have been through. I know Cooper will be alright, a few rough things to overcome but you will overcome. Hope you have a good day today.
Take care of yourself, I talked to Raelynn last night and she sounds great. Karli was very excited that she had been able to hold Cooper once again.

Love and prayers

Mom

The Wiley Clan said...

"Oh my gosh," seems a very fitting title for that blog post! I'm so sorry to hear about the MANY challenges you all endured yesterday! Today will be a much smoother day! :)

So glad to hear that you and Raelynn had a fun girls night!

Poor Coop--what a rough day, but he has to have such small, occassional setback from time-to-time as his little body fights to gain back its full strength--Champ will get through this! :)

Sorry to hear that you had a migraine, but SO glad to hear that it appeared to be short-lasting--don't forget to take good care of yourself too, mom! ;0

Happy anniversary to you and Terry!!

All our love,
Jana, Isaac & Emma

Nana Jan said...

Happy belated anniversary! Sounds like Coop had a rough day yesterday, I sure hope today is much better for him. He'll make it off that floor in a few days and he'll be out of the hospital soon just hang in there.We'll talk to you soon.
love
Jan

Anonymous said...

I forgot to tell you happy anniversary when I was up there! HAPPY BELATED ANNIVERSARY. I told Terry when you guys are home and everything is back to normal that I will watch the kids so you two can go out and celebrate your anniv. You both need some time together anyway!

Coop looks great. I am so proud of him and you guys. He is strong because of you. He will get through this rough patch and we will hear his sweeet crying soon.

Love you

Lisa

miles3_17 said...

Happy belated Anniversary. Sounds like overall things are going great. Coop is just being stubborn with his eating huh!!! Well take care, talk to you soon and give hugs all around.