CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

THINGS ARE BETTER.....

THEY ARE NOT GOING BACK IN TO HIS LITTLE HEART!!!! Great news! So this morning when the surgeon, Dr. O'Brien made rounds he said everything looked good and they would pull the drainage tubes today. I said, then your not going to have to go back in. He looked puzzled and when I told him what we were told yesterday he was very upset. He said Cooper looks great and the manner in which they fixed his heart there will be slight leakage. He said he would have a talk with the other doctors. Not 10 minutes later they were in our room apologizing for the "misunderstanding". I am not angry in any way, I think the doctors are very good. What I do think is that our surgeon did some modification that helped to compensate for the problems that he thought we would encounter. We are now encountering them and the other doctors just don't fully understand that Dr. O'Brien already took these into consideration and made modifications in Cooper's little heart. So basically I think Dr. O'Brien is a genius! Anyway, so now they are proceeding forward with trying to get him off the ventilator. It will continue to be a slow process but at least we are moving forward again. Cooper has been given two medications that help his heart function better and I get the impression that he may always take medications but that is fine by me. Medications I can deal with, starting this process all over again I can't.

So Cooper's drainage tubes in his heart are out and they only thing left to do with that area is to pull his staples and that should happen tomorrow. All we are waiting on now is to get him off the ventilator!!!

Raelynn is suppose to visit today and we are going to have a little picnic outside thanks to Sherri. I really need to see her sweet face! I miss her so much. It is getting harder to tell her goodbye each time she comes to visit, but she is still her little spunky self and continues to act like everything is ok. However she does keep asking me when she can come live with us again. I just smile and tell her soon I hope. She says "when they finish fixing Cooper's heart?" Honestly, she is beyond her years. She never seems resentful to Cooper either. She always is more concerned with how he is doing than with anything else. She is quite amazing!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're very happy to hear everything is getting better. Keep believing and trusting in God's plan. Don't worry about the office...it's full of cockroaches anyways. Your insureds are saying prayers for you and we get calls daily asking about his progress. Give Cooper a kiss for us! Hugs XOXOXOX

Jill and Steph

Anonymous said...

oh THANK GOD. I have been sick all morning worrying about Coop and you guys. This is great news! Things are continuing to look up and he, again, is fighting to get back to you guys.

You enjoy that picnic and give my girl a kiss from us.

Huber Family said...

Okay, tears of joy are streaming down my face. I am sooooo happy to hear that they do not need to go back in and operate more. What a blessing! Enjoy your picnic today with Raelynn and keep the good news coming = )

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Praise God for the big steps and the little steps of progress. This news is the best so far. Coming to see the little guy soon. BJK

Nana Jan said...

Oh this is the best news we've received in a very long time, way to go Cooper!!! I can't imagine what a height has been lifted off your shoulders this morning.

How fun and very special a picnic with your little girl. I can't help to believe that she is Cooper's little "guardian angel" sent by god ahead of him to give him the strength and big sister love that he has needed. Have a good day and we'll see you later in the week.
Hugs
Jan

Taylor said...

Praise God! I'm so happy to hear this news! It sounds like you are in the hands of an amazing doctor!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear this great news. Coop just keeps showing those doctors what it means to be a Keefer! I look forward to the blog that says he is released and heading home. :)

Hugs,
Cousin Cassie

Anonymous said...

That sun keeps peeking through.....I, too, join in the others' tears. Not letting up on my prayers....hugs.

Mary Sabo
Wisconsin :)

Tatum Eck said...

Oh Kristi we could not be happier for you!!!!!!!!! I can't wait until you and Terry can hold your little man again and look into his eyes!! The whole Eck family love you all so much and send our best!! God is in control and God is GOOD!!

Love, The Eck's