CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 26, 2010

COOP IS BACK IN THE HOSPITAL...................

Well how quickly things can change. Coop's pain continued through Wednesday night and by Thursday morning I was calling the cardiologist. He really had no idea what else he could look for but agreed to see us even on his day off. So we were scheduled for an EKG and Echo this morning at 10a.m. Coop did pretty well last night only waking a few times. Terry and I had decided we would ask the cardiologist about the possibility of Coop having a dislocated rib. I had told Terry I just really hope they get us some answers. So we got to the cardiologist a little before 10 a.m. They got us right in and always weigh Coop and do a few other things before they take us to a room. We got to the room and Terry notices there is some pussing coming out of his incision. Well that puss turned into a gusher! From there things got crazy. There were dctors and nurses swarming through the room. There was so much that happened but to keep it short basically Coop had an infection and it ruptured through the top part of his incision. In addition, they found instability in his sternon where it is not healing back. So we were admitted to the hospital for treatment. The day was extremely long and some very strong crying from Coop. The day was filled with crazy things that happened and scenarios that we were given but basically Coop has an infection. They will not know until tomorrow if it is superficial and just right under the skin or if it is inside him in the chest area. If it is superficial they will treat with antibiotics but if it has entered the body cavity, they will be forced to open Coop up again. They should know which it is tomorrow. In addition there is talk about after the infection is gone having to go back into the chest to reset and fuse the sternon. So needless to say there is no queetion why our little man was in so much pain. He is actually doing much better since they drained som of the stuff out. As far as time frame, we are still very unsure but generally it is 3-4 days on antibiotics and then a day of observation and then if they have to reset the sternom we will have many additional days. I will know so much more tomorrow! I will keep you all posted. We have a very special day planned for Raelynn tomorrow as well for her birthday so there will be plenty to post about tomorrow.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry that Cooper, and all of you, are having to go through this. I will pray that the infection is superficial and clears up fast and for the wisdom of his doctors when it comes to possibly having to reset his sternum. I can only imagine how upsetting the thought of that is.
Please know that you are all in my thoughts...
Kelly (Jack's mom)

Stefenie said...

Oh no!!! Poor Coop and {{{HUGS}}} to you guys!

Saying many prayers for this to be a superficial infection and for things to heal up very quickly!!

Hang in there!!

Clean and Classic Interiors said...

We are praying!! And wishing Raelynn and VERY Happy Birthday!!!

Mary Beth said...

We love you sweet Cooper! Get better so we can have you back to daycare to play!!! We miss you already! Raelynn, we missed you at baseball today ~ my Coop is playing for a State Championship tomorrow! I think you brought the Rebels luck on Friday! We love you Keefer family!! Keep us posted! MB

Anonymous said...

How awful!! Poor Coop!! I had a bad feeling when we pulled up and I saw your mom's car in the driveway. Please let us know what we can do! We are praying for a superficial infection and a quick recovery!!
Love,
Brianne and Casey

Julia Ingrassia said...

Oh my, just catching up on your blog! Sounds like the Keefer family has been through so much in the last month, and Cooper - is a little Trooper! So is Raelyn for being such a wonderful sister to Coop, and a great equestrian!! Terry and Kristi, the two of you are an inspiration to people everywhere, to keep your spirits up with everything you face each day. I keep all of you in my Prayers, and am more grateful than ever every time I look at my children. We are all blessed, sometimes it is in disguise, but in the end, it's all a blessing! May God's Blessings stay with all of you!
Love to you!

Julia Ingrassia said...

Oh my, just catching up on your blog! Sounds like the Keefer family has been through so much in the last month, and Cooper - is a little Trooper! So is Raelyn for being such a wonderful sister to Coop, and a great equestrian!! Terry and Kristi, the two of you are an inspiration to people everywhere, to keep your spirits up with everything you face each day. I keep all of you in my Prayers, and am more grateful than ever every time I look at my children. We are all blessed, sometimes it is in disguise, but in the end, it's all a blessing! May God's Blessings stay with all of you!
Love to you!

Julia Ingrassia said...

Terry, Kristi, Raelynn and Cooper - you are all an inspiration to everyone fortunate enough to know you! YAY for Cooper's recovery, and a big congrats to Raelynn on her equestrian talents!! I hold all of your near my heart and in my Prayers, may God's Blessings continue for all of you!