CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

COOP IS COMING AROUND......................

The past two days have flown by. Cooper is finally getting back to his old self and then some. I had expressed earlier that he was very shy and withdrawn around people and I was hoping he would get back to himself soon. Well yesterday Aunt Steph and Cody came to visit and then later in the afternoon our friends Chaunsea and Kenzie stopped by. I think this all got Cooper on his way. Of course he loves his Aunt Steph and Cody very much and there was no need for warming up to them. Not only did he love seeing them but he also loved seeing their new addition.....meet Gus.


So our day went by quickly and it was great to have company. Then Chaunsea and Kenzie stopped by. Coop could not have been more thrilled to see Kenzie. I think it gave him a little "Tissy" fix.

Today we started the day out with a visit from our friends Gage and Riley who brought Coop over his first train. Let me tell you, that train occupied a huge part of our day! After that we went over to visit Mary Beth and all Coop's friends. I was so hopeful that he would just jump back in and have a good time. It took him a few minutes and then just as I had hoped he was running around having a great time. It was such a relief. He was not bashful, withdrawn or sensitive. It was a great visit and he as we left he said, "I see my friends, I be back soon." I told him he would be back soon and he said, "Tissy come too?" Yes I replied and he gave me a BIG smile. Today when he talked to Raelynn he said, "You come home now and pay with me!" He misses her so very much, just 2 more days!
Later this afternoon, Jan, Jana and Emma came by to visit. Again Coop was ready to play. It is great to have the company and it is really helping Coop forget everything that happened to him last week and get him back to his old self again.

Tomorrow we head back to CMH for our follow up visit. We have a few little things to figure out but expect a good check up. However, I assume Coop will not be a big fan of going there or seeing his surgical team. This could be interesting! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that I am so glad that Cooper's recovery has gone so well and that he is more or less back to himself. It is just amazing how strong these little ones are. Good luck at your appointment today and I hope that all the news is good.
Kelly (Jack's mom)

Huber Family said...

Yay! So glad Coop is enjoying his train = ) We got 2 blocks from your house yesterday and Gage whines, "Mom, I didn't get to see Cooper's gun!" Ha! I was wondering if they were gonna bring that up. Anyhow, hope all goes well at the appointment today. So good to see the little fella smiling = )