CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

WE ARE FINALLY BACK WITH OUR LITTLE BOY.....

We finally got to see Cooper about 7:50 pm. It was a very long day but thanks to my Mom and sisters we are still smiling! Thank you Mom, Karli and Steph. You guys are incredible, we love you very much and am very thankful for you!!! Cooper looks amazing. His chest is closed and his SAT level is 97! Remember before they were just happy to have him above 75. His color is great too. Where he was blue before he is now the softest pink. He is beautiful! He is sleeping peacefully and we are having to stay quiet because every time we talk to him or hold his hand he moves a little and they want him to stay still tonight. He just wants to wake up and play with us. I think they will keep him asleep into the afternoon tomorrow and then start waking him up. We have seen many of the same nurses and RT. It is great to see such friendly faces and laugh about how much bigger Coop is and how much better he is doing this time. My Mom, Karli and Steph were able to visit him this evening and even Raelynn got in for a visit. She was so inquisitive and the nurses were taken back by her line of questioning. She remembered a lot from last time so she knew what to ask.

Terry and I are soooo tired. we started today at 3:30 a.m. and have gone straight through. I haven't eaten anything but a few crackers and junk here and there. I am getting all cozy in my chair next to Coop and Terry is about to head down to his little room to catch some sleep. Tomorrow will be another day and I am so happy it is a day we are looking forward too.

Thank you all again! We are so overwhelmed with your love and support!


10 comments:

miles3_17 said...

I can finally go to sleep tonight too with this update. Sweet dreams for you all!!! Love ya!

Carolyn Martin said...

I am so happy to get a good report on little Cooper. I prayed so hard last night for him and have thought of him all day today. God Bless all of you and I will continue my prayers for you.

My husband and I are friends of the Farthings and I love reading the blog with all these wonderful children.

Anonymous said...

What a blessing to have the day go so smoothly! I am sure it was a really long day and you are exhausted so get some rest! We will continue praying! Sweet dreams Coop.
Love,
Brianne

Stefenie said...

He looks like such a big boy in that little bed!

Glad that he is doing so well. Hope you got got some rest last night!

Mary Beth said...

What a wonderful thing to read first thing this morning. And the pictures ~ good thing I handn't done my makeup yet! Way to go Coop ~ can't wait to get you back to daycare so we can have a BIG Valentine party!!!! We love you and miss you little guy! MB

Nana Jan said...

You know it's a great day when you see a picture of our little guy looking good. (even though he is wired up) It sounds like Coop is wanting to wake up and play already. We are SO happy for you guys that the day was a success and I can't imagine how exhausted you are. Today will be a good one!
Keep the updates coming!
Hugs

Jenny said...

97! What wonderful news! I'm so glad that all went well with your adorable Cooper today. Will keep sending our thoughts and prayers your way for a quick and smooth recovery! :)
Jenny (mom to Aly-HLHS)

The Dukes said...

This is all really just so amazing. I know you are well versed in the technology of it all, and of course I know it existed, but to see this little boy I know, and to know that his chest was opened up and his heart repaired, and then to see him in your pictures looking so big and full of color like you said- well, I'm just in tears and totally amazed. Congratulations to the Keefers on a job well done and good luck with wake-up today. I'm sure your challenge will be to get him to slow down!

Huber Family said...

Wow, again Cooper is just an amazingly tough little fella! Those SAT numbers are awesome. Through our tears, we're all doing a little happy dance over here that li'l buddy is doing so well = ) Looking forward to the next update and praying his wake up goes smoothely.
Hugs to you all!!!!

Unknown said...

It's hard to believe this big boy is the same little boy we saw last time he was in CMH. Our warm thoughts and prayers are coming to you. Love.