CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A LONG AND TEDIOUS DAY.........

I had forgotten how slow and tedious this process is. Normally I have been here for 10 days or so and am used to slow but they didn't warm me up this time and I am having to really concentrate on being patient. The beginning was really slow but we have our favorite RT now, Teresa. She is who brought Coop off the ventilator after he was on ECMO. She is very good and very aggressive. There are so many things they are trying to balance out right now that it would take me all day to give you all the details so I will just give you a few. He is off all the sleepy meds completely. They are giving him Morphine, Versed and then heart meds. The morphine of course is for pain and the versed is the loopy medicine they give him before he went into surgery. They nicknamed versed the amnesia drug because they will not remember anything while they are on it which is fantastic. The versed also keeps him calm. As for the heart meds I have not had time to learn them all yet but will fill you in when I do. Cooper is not happy about the breathing tube to put it mildly. He is waking up often and angry so we are basically spending all our time by his bed calming him down and keeping him from pulling out the ventilator and his drainage tubes and pace maker wires. He keeps mouthing "Momma" and it is very sad. We just continue to hold his hands and rub his soft hair. We are finally making some progress this afternoon but do not expect too much today. I know there are so many more things I should let you know but it has taken me an hour to just type this much with Coop in and out all the time so please bare with me and I will post more soon. All you really need to know and all that really matters is Coop is still here with us and I can touch him and kiss him and feel his soft pink skin and there is really nothing else that matters right now!

9 comments:

Anne said...

Thinking of you and checking on you often.

Love,

Anne Zeka
(Lisa Patterson's sister)

miles3_17 said...

Doing great Kristi! Thanks for the updates you do give, (I refresh often), just take care of that little man!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! I am sure it is exhausting, but you are doing awesome!
Love,
Brianne

Anonymous said...

You said it best:
"I can touch him and kiss him and feel his soft pink skin and there is really nothing else that matters right now!"

Isaac

Alice said...

Amen to that, and thanks for taking the time and effort to keep us updated. Many prayers, A

Nana Jan said...

We know Cooper is doing good so don't worry about updating us right now, you just be with that beautiful "pink" boy and give him lots of loving from you and all of us out here in "Cooper's fanclub", we're all pulling for him!
Hugs

Mary Beth said...

Hang in there Kristi! Give that sweet, spikeless, soft head of hair a touch for me too! Thanks for keeping all of us in the know! I miss your darling kids today ~ can't wait to get them back! Happy healing Cooper! We love you! MB

Stefenie said...

Very well said! Yes, it is so exhausting watching them go through that and having to help keep things under control until they can get that tube out. However no matter how hard it is we are so thankful to still have them with us.

Keep chugging along! Still praying!

CARR FAMILY said...

Hang in there Keefer Family. We think about you often.