CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 7, 2010

WELL THE TIME HAS COME..................

Pre op went well today. Everyone was amazed how big he was and they were so optimistic considering his growth and just how well he was doing in general. There was nothing new about pre op. It was kind of one of those "been there done that" things. However, they did say that they think they will be able to close Cooper's chest immediately after surgery unlike the last 2 surgeries. In the past they have left his chest open to compensate for the swelling. While the chest is open they have to keep him under. Therefore, the fact that they may close the chest would take a good 3 days off our stay right there. If all goes well, they will close the chest and start waking him up on Wednesday. This would be amazing considering they usually don't start waking him up for 4 days or so and the last surgery I think it was like 10 days before they tried to wake him up and I can't even remember how many it was before he actually woke up. Anyway, this was HUGE news to us.

Tonight putting the kids to bed was tough. First we had a house full of people that couldn't give Coop enough hugs and kisses! Then we had Raelynn and Coop who would hug then wrestle then giggle then kiss. Next was Raelynn who first chose to act silly then played the "I don't want you to go to the hospital" card and then independently saying a prayer for Cooper. After everyone was finally in bed and I was running around the house like crazy trying to pack and make sure everything was in line for Raelynn I decided it was the perfect night to stop and gaze at the stars. So I went in and got Raelynn up and outside we went. We didn't stay long but long enough. I couldn't help but cry a little as I held her knowing it could be days before we hold each other again, but she didn't know. I wanted her to remember this as a fun thing we do. She asked me if I thought other parents took their kids out to look at the stars. I told her I didn't know and she responded that they should because it was the best thing in the whole world!

Thanks to everyone who is keeping us in their prayers. You all have no idea what the comments, facebook posts, emails, texts, voicemails and emails mean to us. Every time I read something it brings tears to my eyes. You all say how strong we are but the truth is it is all of you and little Coop that gives us our strength. Thank you!

To Terry~ Happy Anniversary! Thanks for our anniversary dinner at CiCi's, hahaha! I love you and am so thankful I have you!

I know I need to go to bed because the alarms go off in 3 hours but really I have no desire to "stop" long enough to lay down. I know I will start thinking which will lead to crying which will lead to an even longer day tomorrow. Therefore, I think I will do a little more work and hopefully I will get tired enough to stop thinking. It is either that or go for a run :)

Well this is the last I will post until Coop is in surgery. We have to be at CMH at 6 a.m. and should be in surgery at 7:30 a.m. The beginning will be very slow as they work through the scar tissue but they will keep us up to date hour by hour and I will in turn keep you posted here.

To Cooper~

I love you buddy more than you will ever know. I am so scared of losing you because you are my strength and joy and fill my heart. I know you will be strong and I will be strong for you! You are an amazing little boy and I feel so privilege to be called your Mommy. Tomorrow will be a long day for us all, but while you take your long nap tomorrow, know that Mommy and Daddy are right down the hall just waiting for you to wake up and when you do we will be there to hug you and kiss you and do everything you need to get well. Thank you Cooper, you are such a gift!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Hello! I just blog hopped my way to your blog and wanted to let you know that we are praying for your little man for his surgery today. Good luck!
Heart Hugs,
Jenny (mom to Aly- HLHS)

Stefenie said...

Saying many prayers for Coop's surgery today! {{{HUG}}}

I cried reading your post this morning thinking about how I felt right before Logan's surgery in January. It is always a crazy mixed bag of emotions.

Hang in there!! Coop will do great and we are praying!

Huber Family said...

Oh girl, I can only imagine what you're feeling right now. My heart is breaking for you ... no mom or dad or kid should have to go through this. But, God is watching and will continue to bless you. Prayers and strength to you all.
Much love,
The Hubers

Anonymous said...

Terry, Kristi and family, We are thinking of you and praying all will go well for little Cooper. I know you both have great faith and courgage...trust in God to get you through this. All our love and prayers!!!
Uncle Terry, Aunt Bina and Great Grandma