CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

WE ARE HOME...AGAIN.........

Well we made it home yesterday afternoon! It was great to be home. This visit seemed longer than surgery! Coop is doing great. Basically part of Coop's infection they have an ID on but part they do not. What they are telling us is that this type of infection they have not seen since the 1970's, of course, Coop never follows what one would expect. The infection is "puny" in the words of the Infectious Decease Doctor. It was not strong enough to enter his chest, thank goodness, but it also got caught under the skin and grew quickly. Of the portion that they do not have an ID on yet, 85% of that kind of infection is treatable by the medication we are currently on and easy to get rid of. However, the other 15% is not treatable by the meds we have and can sometimes be very difficult to get rid of. We will find out tomorrow which it is. Of course, as our surgeon said, considering Coop's constant curve balls, we should probably count on the 15%, hahaha! Anyway, so far, as infections go, it has been all good news. Leaving the hospital we received very little direction as to what to do to prevent further infection because Coop's was just caused by bacteria on his own skin and was probably not gotten from someone or something specific. In addition they gave me little direction as to when I can return to work and Coop to daycare other than when the open portion of the incision begins to heal and is no longer open, the chance of infection is minimal. We see Dr. Kelley tomorrow and know I will have more answers then. All in all, I just feel fortunate once again to have both my great kids sound asleep at home in their own beds.

With all the craziness of Coop's infection, there was one thing that I failed to post. Last week Coop had his last visit with our Tiny K therapist. Coop had really grown to love her visits and we are sad to see her go. However, we are happy for her and wish her the very best.

Finally, we are so thankful for all the support we receive every time something comes up with Cooper from comments, email, texts, etc. Everyone is so kind and helpful. In addition, the fact that Tom graciously gives me the time away from work to make sure my baby is well and is never short or angered by my many doctor appointments or hospital stays is amazing to me. The fact that on Friday when my family heard we were being admitted to the hospital again, Mom, Karli and Steph were all on the road back here to help out is so unbelievable to me. They made sure that they were here so I could still give my daughter a wonderful day of birthday surprises and were willing to stay as long as we needed them. I am not sure how we would juggle things without them. Thank you to Jerry and the rest of the staff at Park Lane for letting my Mom come and help us so much. Thank you to Mary Beth who took Raelynn as one of her own on Friday so we could focus on Cooper and spoiled her so much she wanted to stay with her the entire night. We are so grateful for all of you! I can never say enough thanks to the people that are in our lives for making our situation seem more like a blessing than a tragedy. I don't think I would have ever realized how precious you all are or how precious our lives are in general without Cooper. You are all so very important to us! Thank you!

0 comments: