CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 6, 2010

THE COUNTDOWN CONTINUES AFTER DAY 3 & 2.....

My Mom, Karli and Chandler got in Friday night and Saturday morning we headed to the kids horse show. It was an incredibly hot day but they did great once again. Raelynn placed 2nd again and is doing so well. Coop had to use a different saddle and kept sliding out of it. I was about to panic several times and could not be more pleased when it was over. Unfortunately, he didn't place this time but all the kids got to pick a prize so he had not idea and was still super happy to have gotten to ride a horse. Today we started the day bright and early out at the Ironman. This year since Mom and Karli were here we decided to take the kids out too knowing that Mom could take them home mid morning. To our surprise they were a huge help. Raelynn filled water cups, helped get them to us so we could hand them off to the runners and picked up trash. Cooper stood on a cooler and actually filled water cups for a long time! Both kids were amazing. They stayed back from the road and did just what they were told and more. I was very proud of them. We left home about 7:45am and they stayed out there until around 1 pm when little Miss Raelynn got very hungry. She informed me her stomach was eating itself so I figured it was time for them to head home. We had a great time again this year. This is one event I could do over and over again. The athletes are so inspirational. Our good friend Kelly was part of a relay, she of course did the running leg. She does it with such ease it always amazes me. She too is an inspiration and I am always so proud of her. The whole day is humbling and make my complaints about my 4 to 5 mile runs seem so ridiculous!

So here it is, Sunday night, tomorrow is pre op and then Tuesday is the big day. I have found my self on verge of tears several times today when I have hugged Coop, or kissed him, or played with him, or even given him a drink. This is going to be hard. We have been building towards this for over a year and I keep thinking when the time comes I will be ready but here we are one day away and still, I am not ready! I will be though......for Cooper!

2 comments:

Cassidy said...

itoday i just started bawling in swim team this morning when it finally hit me i so wish i could be there

Stefenie said...

Hang in there!! I know how very hard it is leading up to that day and on that day especially. Know that I am saying many prayers for sweet Coop and your family! {{{HUG}}}

Stef
www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com