CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 14, 2010

OUR FIRST DAY BACK HOME.................

Today was our first full day back home. Coop is doing great medically. He is struggling a little emotionally though. We visited a few people this morning and he is shying away from everyone. He is also overly emotionally about this. If I tell him no or insist on something he does not want to do, he cries. It is not a fake whiny cry but a real heartbreaking cry. The discharge paperwork we received described his behaviour exactly and said this was exactly what we could expect at his age. It is really sad though and I hope he gets past it soon. He is still hurting a lot and I think I am getting a better handle on that. I am also trying to teach him to verbalize his pain better so I know. Today he told me his "heart" hurt, it was a bad ouchy! He also does not like to look at himself. As soon as you remove his shirt he insist I put it back on. After I dressed him this morning he asked for socks. I asked him if he was sure he wanted socks and he told me he didn't want to see his ouchies. (He had IV's in both his feet) Anyway, he really is doing fantastic and I know it will just take time for him to feel reassured. Again, I am just happy to be home working on these small things.

Cooper also misses "Tissy" very very much and so do I. It is way too quiet around here. Cooper asked about her several times today and talked to her on the phone 3 times. They love each other so much and I love them both more than they will ever know. Raelynn is having a great time at Grandma's though and it is wonderful to hear her cheerful voice! While she is gone, I will focus on getting Coop back on track and anxiously await her return on Friday!

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Cooper ~
We're so glad you're home! We miss you very much at daycare! Can't wait to get you back little man! Kristi ~ would love to see him but want you all to adjust to being home for a while! We love you guys and am so glad Coop's doing so well! Much love, MB

Raelynn (and Cassidy) =] said...

I LOVE YOU MOMMY!! what are you doing today?? we are getting ready to go swiming. Please email or call me back! Boo- I love you!! I love you Cooper!!
Love Tissy
and Love Raelynn Goo Goo Ga Ga!!!from raelynn to family

Raelynn said...

Daddy- I loves you!! and cassidy loves you too!